With temperatures in the 90s it does not take long to wear your mind and body down. With all of the talk of keeping our fish alive ( very important ) it is also essential that we take care of ourselves. Here are a few things that I do to keep my mind on the fish and off of the heat.
1. Take more than enough water that my fishing partner and I can drink.
2. Take more than enough ice that you and your fish will use.
3. Eating and snacking on the way to different spots. You are not wasting any time, plus you don't feel like eating when sitting in hot stagnant air.
4. Don't wait until you are hungry or feel bad to eat or snack.
5.Eating more in the first part of the day, because the hotter it gets the less likely you will feel like eating. Plus your body needs the fuel to stay healthy and focused.
6. I like to keep clean tee shirt type rags soaked in water in a gallon ziplock bag in my cooler to put over my head and or under my hat when the temps start to get unbearable. This is very refreshing.
7. Drink , Drink, Drink. Water that is.
8. Fly spray. The flies in this area have teeth, and swatting them all day will also make your temperature rise.
9. Always keep a eye open for your fishing partner to make sure he or she is also eating and staying hydrated. This is also very important, you do want them to be ready to net your fish , right?
10. Boat ride. Sometimes just moving off one non producing spot and getting the air flowing will cool you down and help you refocus.
Good Luck, Stay Safe.